关于促进全球辅助器具产业发展的北京倡议(中英文)2015-11-18 10:36:07 来源: 中国残联
Beijing Initiative on Promoting the Development of Global Assistive Devices & Technology Industry
29 October 2015, Beijing
Today, China Disabled Persons’ Federation has the honor of inviting officials in charge of disability issues from Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) members, representatives of international organizations including World Health Organization, International Telecommunication Union and Rehabilitation International, delegates from disability organizations, entrepreneurs and experts, to Beijing to attend the ASEM High-level Meeting on Disability & Global Conference on Assistive Devices & Technology.
Assistive products (devices or instruments) are designed for persons with disabilities, elders, persons with sickness or injuries to eliminate barriers and improve their quality of life, so as to help them gain self-dignity, and integrate into society. We appreciated that the first ASEM Disability Cooperation Event could focus on the development of assistive devices & technology industry.
We recognized that these small assistive devices promise a big industry, which embraces diverse economic categories ranging from manufacturing to service sector with a huge market potential and economic growth, which advances human civilization and social welfare. We underscored that everyone, in his or her lifetime, might use assistive devices temporarily or permanently.
International cooperation, government support, social participation, scientific backup and enterprises’ investment are indispensable to the development of assistive devices & technology industry.
We, therefore, propose the following:
1. Support the preferential development of assistive devices & technology industry as a livelihood program, to ensure that everyone in need could enjoy.
2. Highlight the fitting service of assistive products as a basic public policy.
3. Give high priority to persons with disabilities under poverty line and those who are elderly, sick or injured.
4. Foster research and development of cheap, useful, environment friendly and smart assistive products, and the innovation in service, so as to satisfy individualized and diversified needs.
5. Adhere to international trade rules, maintain the market order, and create a fair competition environment, and protect legitimate interest of relevant parties.
6. Establish communication platforms and cooperation mechanisms for global assistive devices & technology industry, improve technical standards, accelerate shares of advanced achievements and respond jointly to all kinds of challenges.
7. Promote innovation and development of assistive devices industry by organizing Global Conference on Assistive Devices & Technology every two years.
We hereby appeal to develop the assistive devices & technology industry, to fully promote the rights and interests of persons with disability.